Emily O'Brien will never, ever reveal, sell, trade or share your personal information.
We take your privacy very seriously and will never knowingly compromise your personal information. Our customer account system complies with all industry encryption standards for the highest level of security.
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain “non-personal” information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
“Personal Information” is collected in a variety of ways, including - but not limited to - when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, however, that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities. Users can request that we delete identification information at any time. Please see more below.2. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- "Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- "Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- Facebook Pixel tracking is used to aid in marketing and advertising efforts. Pixels are embedded into the site and track how the User interacts with the Site. Tracked Pixels may include: “PageView”, “ViewContent,” “AddToCart,” “InitiateCheckout,” “AddPaymentInfo,” “Search,” “Purchase,” and “linkClick."
Additionally, when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, PayPal information, eCheck, and others), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.” When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Improve customer service. The information you provide helps us respond to service requests and support needs more efficiently.
- Personalize user experience & improve the Site. We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site. We may use feedback you provide to improve our products and services.
- Process payments and orders. We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. Information is sent to our fulfilment partners (as applicable) to allow for efficiency when assembling and shipping orders. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.
- Provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services, when in line with the preferences you have shared with us. This includes, but is not limited to: running promotions, contest, survey or other Site features. To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them. We may utilise User information - aggregated from User submission, Site use, and other - to better understand demographics and targeting for marketing use. Information will be used to design promotions that are relevant to Users. Users may opt out of this tracking at any time.
- Send periodic emails. We may use the email address to send User information and updates pertaining to their order. It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, questions, and/or other requests. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).4. SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
When & where applicable, your Personal Information is shared with our fulfilment partners to assist with the assembly and shipment of your orders. We never share more information than necessary with our fulfilment partners and your information is kept on file to help with the shipment of any future orders you may place on the Site.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page here.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by visiting these links:
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal here.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.5. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.6. COMPLIANCE WITH THE CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
This site is not meant for persons under the age of 13. We never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.7. COMPLIANCE WITH THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access the personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. Users can contact us if they have the following concerns regarding their personal data:
- Data access. Request and receive detailed information on what data we possesses on the User, where that data is stored and how it’s utilized.
- Data portability. Users may ask that we transmit personal data to another company.
- Rectification. Users have the right to change any incorrect information about themselves that is stored and accessed by Emily O'Brien
- Data deletion. At any time, Users can request that we delete any information and accounts we may have on them. Please note, if Users choose to do this, they will be responsible for creating a new account or re-subscribing should they wish to use the Site & its services. Emily O'Brien cannot manually do this.
- Breach Notification. Users will be notified within 72 hours of a data breach that might compromise their privacy.
If you would like to access your information, please contact us through the contact information below.
Mobile Terms of Service
Last updated: April 20, 2023
The Emily OBrien mobile message service (the "Service") is operated by Emily OBrien (“Emily OBrien”, “we”, or “us”). Your use of the Service constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions (“Mobile Terms”). We may modify or cancel the Service or any of its features without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Terms at any time and your continued use of the Service following the effective date of any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
By consenting to Emily OBrien’s SMS/text messaging service, you agree to receive recurring SMS/text messages from and on behalf of Emily OBrien through your wireless provider to the mobile number you provided, even if your mobile number is registered on any state or federal Do Not Call list. Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Service-related messages may include updates, alerts, and information (e.g., order updates, account alerts, etc.). Promotional messages may include promotions, specials, and other marketing offers (e.g., cart reminders).
You understand that you do not have to sign up for this program in order to make any purchases, and your consent is not a condition of any purchase with Emily OBrien. Your participation in this program is completely voluntary.
We do not charge for the Service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may apply. Check your mobile plan and contact your wireless provider for details. You are solely responsible for all charges related to SMS/text messages, including charges from your wireless provider.
You may opt-out of the Service at any time. Text the single keyword command STOP to EmilyOBrien or click the unsubscribe link (where available) in any text message to cancel. You'll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. No further messages will be sent to your mobile device, unless initiated by you. If you have subscribed to other Emily OBrien mobile message programs and wish to cancel, except where applicable law requires otherwise, you will need to opt out separately from those programs by following the instructions provided in their respective mobile terms.
For Service support or assistance, text HELP to EmilyOBrien or email email@example.com.
We may change any short code or telephone number we use to operate the Service at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP or HELP requests, you send to a short code or telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honoring requests made in such messages.
The wireless carriers supported by the Service are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. You agree to provide us with a valid mobile number. If you get a new mobile number, you will need to sign up for the program with your new number.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Service.
We respect your right to privacy. To see how we collect and use your personal information, please see our Privacy Notice.
This document was last updated April 2023